15 October 2011

wearing out CDs

it's saturday night and all my friends are doing dumb stuff. one roommate is out of town to meet his girlfriend's parents. the other roommate is at a wedding. my co-workers are at a show i DO NOT CARE TO BE AT. i'm home... listening... waiting... chilling... probably going to drink some wine again... by myself (just like last night). that's fine though. more wine for me. even though i can only really handle one glass. i do have a question though... say i do eventually make it out of the house to do something... how do avoid the purple lips? shit looks straight stupid.

anyway, yesterday i received a mix. a perfect mix. it's been getting a lot of play on my roommate's CD player. my CD player is broken; my roommate broke it when he dropped my laptop (i didn't tell him).
it's weird... the last time i received a mix i really really liked was like 2003. i remember because it was the year i started working at the book store and received mysterious mixes in my employee mailbox. it was a girl. we dated for a while. she turned out to be crazy so i had to dip out. but she had impeccable taste in music... and that's all that matters in life. the end.

(i hope sarcasm was noted in that last line there)

i'm at the sleepy part of the mix and i want to call it a night. it would give me a good reason to just hit the save button, tell my laptop "i love you", go to bed, and keep this shit in draft status forever. but i wont do that. i'm going to share two somethings that mean a lot to me. you guys probably already have this stuff, but i feel obliged to share something when i post.



my bloody valentine - loveless



slowdive - souvlaki

*these two are not my links. simple google search of these albums would have given the links you need to find what you're looking for. that's what i did.

4 comments:

Dougyfly said...

this mix cd sounds amazing, if you can I'd love to hear it.

Yesoos said...

IT IS, my man. but sorry, i can't. i can't rip anything to my computer... roommate #2 dropped my laptop and the dvd/cd drive doesn't work now.
also, i kind of want to keep it to myself - like a stingy kid that wants to show everyone his new toy, but doesn't want anyone to play with it.
AND... i like to keep mixes given to me (though not often) in their original format. they're gifts, you know?

maybe i'll make a Doug mix sometime and email it you. :)

Dougyfly said...

good points :) I do the same thing with my mixes, so i understand completely. how has life been? email me if you want: willdmay@riseup.net

and oh my that sounds amazing, i love new toys too.

Anonymous said...

<3