16 August 2007

Didn't He Have a Song About Little Boys?


In honor of everyone being all abuzz about Devendra Banhart's new record, I've decided to post his original demo tape along with The Charles C. Leary, (techincally) his first album. The story goes that Banhart recorded the songs for the demo while traveling around Europe or something and then Michael Gira got his hands on it and released some if it on Oh Me Oh My... and then everyone started getting orgasm juice all over his records.

The Charles C. Leary is a bit more complicated. It came out in 2001 on the tiny Hinah label (they don't even have a Wikipedia entry! WTF?) and then just faded away I guess. There's some overlap between Charles... and Oh Me Oh My... which makes it even more confusing. So basically I don't really know what's up with this one, but I've never really heard anyone talk about it so I'm just assuming not many people have heard it.

Oh, and here he is in his underwear.

link--->Devendra Banhart - Demo Tape
link--->Devendra Banhart - The Charles C. Leary

1 comment:

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.